To all the warrant officers and commissioned officers of the ALNG, Air or Army, This is your association!
Accomplishments and Lobbying Efforts
• Guard members get 4 days Active Duty Pay for 2 days of IDT Attendance. NGAAL, ENGAA and NGAUS continue to lobby for this equality.
• Worked with lawmakers to correct the Post 9/11 GI Bill to Include the National Guard
• Lobbied for the Commission on the Future of the Army who’s independent analysis concluded a need for increased funding, manning, and support for National Guard and Reserve Forces by the Army.
• Lobbied for historic levels of Military Construction funding which is contributing to extensive Armory renovations, new Armories, and training sites.
• Work with lawmakers to double TRICARE coverage from 90 to 180 days prior to mobilization.
• No cost $1000 life insurance policy provided to all members of the association through NGAUS.
• No cost $1000 life insurance policy provided to ALL members the ALNG provided through the National Guard Association of Alabama Insurance Trust.
• Worked with lawmakers and DOD for the creation of Tricare Reserve Select providing drilling Soldiers and their families with an affordable healthcare option.
• Lobbied lawmakers for legislation that mandates increases in maintenance and operations funding to field National Guard units with new equipment and the funding to train with and maintain them.
• Lobbied for additional funding from Congress to expand the State Partnership Program allowing more units and NG Soldiers to partner and train with Alabama’s SPP partner, Romania.
• Worked with lawmakers to lower the National Guard retirement age by 3 months for every 90 days served on active duty.
• Reduced the BAH eligibility for Guardsmen from 140 days to 30 days.
• Enactment of the National Guard Empowerment Act, giving the National Guard a seat on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
What else do I get from being a member?
Membership contributes to funding national level representation for our interests of the National Guard and leaders of Soldiers. Additionally, it offers fellowship and cooperation with other Officers in the National Guard Association through events such as our Annual Conference as well as an opportunity to have direct contact and interaction with Senior Leaders of the Alabama National Guard.